Thinking of an Install........... don't bother

disgusted1too's review of Currys - www.currys.co.uk

“Thinking of an Install........... don't bother”

Written on: 05/10/2013 by disgusted1too (1 review written)

I bought a Gas Hob from Curry's 3 weeks ago with an installation booked for the following Saturday.
The day of the install came around and the installers soon followed. There was a lot of tutting then I was told that they could not install as the electric supply was all wrong. I asked them if they would at least install the gas side and I would get an electrician to sort out the electrics. The answer was NO. They suggested that I ask for my install money back or as a last resort rebook the install when the electric work was complete.
With the electrics all sorted I re-booked the install for the following Saturday.
This morning I received a call from an installer to say they would be with me in 15 minutes.
2 hours later I phoned knowhow and enquired as to where the installers were. I was told that the install had been completed, obviously it hadn't. I was then told that the depot had sent 2 installers to install a gas hob who were not gas fitters.
I said I needed an install today due to an impending house sale at the end of next week. I was told nobody was available to install the gas hob today, tomorrow or even anytime next week. I was then informed that I would be better off trying to find an alternative installer.
I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager and was told they were all in a meeting and unavailable. I was then told to leave my phone number and somebody would call me back.
I am still waiting for that call. I do not think that knowhow give a rats ass about this problem and are un prepared to even try to remedy the situation.
Customer service, I don't think so.
At least they have my install money for doing absolutely NOTHING.

IT'S A JOKE AND I AM NOT LATUGHING