No gas hob

sasha011's review of ao.com

“No gas hob”

Written on: 05/05/2017 by sasha011 (1 review written)

Ordered a gas hob from them for delivery in a couple of days time.
They contacted me the following day to say the price online had been incorrect so had to cancel my order.
Not much good to me when I had someone arranged to fit it for me!!
Money had been taken out of my account so now need to wait for a refund and find an alternative.
They good will gesture was offering me £30 off if I spent over £200 with them!! not very good will to me just them trying to get a high value sale out of me.
Would not recommend or use again

• Goods purchased & cost

Ao.com's Response to sasha011's Review

Written on: 07/05/2017

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

I'm sorry that your order was cancelled before your delivery.

This would only happen in exceptional circumstances, such as an obvious pricing error on the website.

However, in the very rare instances that this may happen, we'll always try and find a compromise for the customer.

Sasha011's reply to Ao.com's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2017

I don't think trying to get me to spend more money is a very good compromise!

Ao.com's reply to Sasha011's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2017

Hi

If you could provide me with your order number.

I would be happy to look into this for you.

Sasha011's reply to Ao.com's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2017

order number AOL200390255

Ao.com's reply to Sasha011's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2017

Hi

Thanks for providing your order number.

Having looked at the notes on the order, I can see that the order was cancelled due to a pricing error on the website.

As there was quite a big difference in what you paid and what the item actually retails at, as per our Terms and Conditions, the order was cancelled.

We did offer you a discount off the appliance, which would have made it cheaper than any other retailer, however you declined this.

We take customers comments very seriously and always try to improve the services we provide from your valuable feedback. We're constantly working hard to make sure our customers agree that we're exceptional in the moments that matter. I'm sorry this has not been your experience on this occasion.