Wish we'd ordered from a different appliances company

DishwasherFables's review of ao.com

“Wish we'd ordered from a different appliances company”

Written on: 07/12/2016 by DishwasherFables (1 review written)

Lack of assessment from the initial delivery drivers meant that even after a third delivery and installation attempt we still didn't have the new dishwasher installed and they were kind enough to leave the old one for us too!
The lack of competence from the drivers/plumbers was unhelpful and inflexible, it's like they're only programmed to do very simple jobs which doesn't bode well for any challenges they may come across during their working day.
The first delivery guys came in and shook their heads and said the job would be and I quote "a nightmare", they took the machine away with them failing to give me any reason except that they aren't allowed to touch integrated appliances.
Granted, our house is old and it doesn't have the clean lines that a modern house does but if a proper evaluation of the job in hand had been communicated on the first visit then it wouldn't have wasted ours or their time on three separate occasions. For the record, the second time that the delivery and installation was booked in for they didn't even turn up - I had to call to find out my time slot and the customer service chap I spoke to very sheepishly said he didn't know what had happened but our machine hadn't been sent out for delivery that morning so I would have to book in another day! An appalling and shabby catalogue of errors that we chose after a recommendation, unfortunately that good recommendation won't be passed on by us.

We received a totally unacceptable service and I'm still waiting to be refunded for the disconnection and recycling costs.

• SMEG dishwasher

• A few weeks late

Ao.com's Response to DishwasherFables's Review

Written on: 08/12/2016

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I'm very sorry to read of the experience you've had with us, I can appreciate how disappointing this must be for you.

My apologies for the service you've received so far regarding the delivery and installation of your new dishwasher. This isn't the journey we want our customers to have at all.

I would like to look into this further for you but I've been unable to locate your order with the details you've provided. Please reply to this review with your order number so I can look into this further for you. I want to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Kind regards