goods didn't arrive - disappointing customer service

Guest's review of The Cooks Kitchen www.thecookskitchen.com

“goods didn't arrive - disappointing customer service”

Written on: 01/04/2017

Ordered some Emma Bridgewater melamine picnicware and telephoned the shop when it hadn't arrived after just over a month.

The staff member was initially very helpful and empathetic and said she would contact the supplier to see if there was a stocking order. My understanding was that the items were in stock when I ordered them (I wouldn't have placed the order if there was anything to indicate that there was insufficient stock) but I was told this was not the case as items are allocated to an order as soon as it is placed.

I had read some previous reviews where customers had had similar problems, and so I explained my concerns to the staff member and said that I would prefer the order to be cancelled. She said that she would do this, but when I asked for her name (in case of future problems as I would be placing an order elsewhere and didn't want problems with duplication/having to pay for return etc) her tone changed, and she sharply said "I'll do it - bye", and hung up.

Very disappointed, wont be using again

• Goods purchased & cost