Terrible Customer Service

louisepretty's review of Woolworths - www.woolworths.co.uk

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 23/08/2011 by louisepretty (1 review written)

Ordered 4 fancy dress outfits in June 2011. Two arrived promptly with the others being delivered directly from the manufacturer. They have never arrived so I have requested a refund more times than I can remember. Each time I am told my refund will go back to my PayPal account.

When I log into my Woolworths account the refund is processed and then promptly cancelled by Woolworths the next day, with a note saying Goods Delivered. I have queried it and they "are looking into it". It seems they ahve a legitimate way of not refunding by repeatedly claiming the goods have been delivered forcing you to request another refund, again and again and again.

It may only be £21 in my case but I will not get bored, I will continue to fight for my money back as they should not be allowed to get away with this.

By the way I reported them to PayPal, who investigated on my behalf, Woolworths simply stated the goods had been delivered even though they don't use a traceable postage service, and PayPal found in their favour. The moral of the story is the PayPal buyer protection is rubbish too!

• Children's Fancy Dress Outfits - £37