Very Disappointing

Guest's review of True Shopping www.trueshopping.co.uk

“Very Disappointing”

Written on: 30/10/2013

I ordered a garden multitool X5 from Trueshopping and was very excited when it arrived. However, the first problem came when I started to put the parts together. The manual that came with it was very uninformative and the photos looked as if they had been done on a photocopier. The manual started to fall apart imediately - not a good omen! Once I had set the machine up I started to try and use it. It was extremely reluctant to start at all. On the three occasions I used this tool, I have had to spend in the region of an hour and a half to get it going on two. The review I read that describes an extremely complicated process of several pulls this way choke off several pulls that way, etc emphasises that the machine does not start as it should. I changed the spark plug for a more recognised brand and the machine started on the second pull, like it should - but just the once! Also it was very difficult to keep going once I had started it, trying constantly to stall. However, the worst was to come. I tried to arrange to return the multitool. Trueshopping do not answer e-mails, so don't bother trying to send one. To contact them by phone, you have to leave it ringing for 7-8 minutes. The phone staff are polite and I think try to be genuinely helpful, but the company has obviously suffered the same problems of product , understaffing and a very poor courier service for some time and have done nothing about it. I am still waiting for the courier to return my multitool and I think I will probably have to resort to Trading Standards in the end. I wish I had read the reviews first!

• X5 32CC Garden Multitool