My delivery was delayed by 2 hours

Kirkland202's review of Argos - www.argos.co.uk

“My delivery was delayed by 2 hours”

Written on: 11/10/2017 by Kirkland202 (1 review written)

My delivery was delayed by 2 hours. The initial delivery had a 4 hour window which meant I had to wait at home 6 hours for my delivery! Just what I wanted to do on a Sunday! When the delivery finally arrived it contained the wrong parts. I now have to wait another 3 days for the correct parts, which Argos are kindly sending by Royal Mail. Considering it was their error the very least I would have expected was for the parts to be sent by courier next day delivery. The customer service team I spoke to did not care and simply repeated the same thing over and over. It seems to me that this is a regular occurance and by now staff have just become numb and therefore are no help whatsoever. Argos might as well just have a recorded message at the other end of the phone. The only saving grace for Argos is the lack of competition. Their delivery slots are hopeless and expensive and the whole process is exasperated by the lack of aftercare. If Argos have given up then do us all’s further and shut up shop...you won’t be missed!

• Goods purchased & cost