Either fraud or compleye incompetence

Therealcaroline's review of Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk

“Either fraud or compleye incompetence ”

Written on: 21/12/2017 by Therealcaroline (2 reviews written)

My six year old son was desperate for a really big toy penguin for Christmas. The one he wanted- Ty beanie boo Waddles 70cm- was sold out everywhere as it seemed lots of kids wanted an enormous cuddly penguin for Christmas. Then, I found Amazon had one in stock. It was £20 more than the usual price, at £78, but I bought it anyway as I was desperate. The order number was 205-0667136-7982753

When it arrived, they'd sent me a miniature penguin that usually costs about £8. I don't know if it's an attempt to rip parents off at Christmas or just complete incompetence. When I phoned them, Amazon insisted it wasn't their fault but the supplier. They promised to get in touch with the supplier on my behalf to ask them to send the correct £78 penguin, but all I've received back is confirmation that the tiny £8 penguin was delivered, which of course I know, because that's the problem.

I paid Amazon the money and it was delivered on Amazon packaging, yet they won't do anything to help me get my son the present I paid for.

I normally use them very regularly, but have vowed never to use them again

• Kid's Christmas present