A Dissapointing Experience, Buying Elsewhere.

Tiddlebunch's review of Sussex Model Centre www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk

“A Dissapointing Experience, Buying Elsewhere.”

Written on: 26/02/2016 by Tiddlebunch (1 review written)

I was initially attracted to buy from them through their website, and the fact that "in stock items" could be delivered within 48hrs. I ordered a Blade 230s and a couple of spare batteries, as a birthday present for my son.
4 days later I had heard nothing. I called them to be told that they were waiting for delivery of the batteries. Thanks for letting me know, eh? Another 2 days pass. I get an email confirming despatch.... great!
2 days later, still no present for my by now grumpy son. I call and am assured that they have sent to the right address. I check with Parcelforce. They haven't. It's been sent to the NEXT door neighbour of my billing address, though no one was in so they left a note to collect from the local Post Office, which is 100 miles away from where it should be. So I called the shop... "you'll get it next Tuesday or Wednesday, we're getting it redirected" they said. "Not good," I replied, " it was supposed to be with my son LAST Tuesday or Wednesday... how and why did it get sent to the wrong place? What are you going to do? I need it here ASAP."
"Well would you like a refund?"
Eh? Well if they can't be bothered then neither can I. Their prices are indeed attractive but I will always happily pay more in order to get good service. I was lied to about the delivery, in fact thanks to their incompetence the 230s is 100 miles away from where it should be. No effort was made to retain my business, so a full refund is eagerly awaited. If you live close enough to visit, then fine, but not a good place to buy from online.

• Blade 230s plus batteries, cost £229