Liars. Nightmare Experience

Guest's review of Novatech Direct Ltd www.novatech.co.uk

“Liars. Nightmare Experience”

Written on: 24/07/2013

Ordered a motherboard from Novatech. It was not wrapped in plastic and had obviously been opened prior to arrival.

Fitted motherboard only to find it was dead out of the box (Big surprise) and didn't work. I sent it back to them.

They said I had broken it and would be given no refund. They said I'd bent the processor port pins, there was blood on the board and it was not packaged correctly.

Firstly, I'm not an idiot and wouldn't bend processor pins. I've built at least 20 successful PCs in my life. I know what I'm doing and have been doing it a long time. I know to be careful and cautious with my handling.

Secondly I do not know how blood got on there. How the hell they found blood on there is beyond me.

Thirdly. The packaging complaint was because I'd used a different plastic to wrap the motherboard inside the box. Similar texture to the original that came with it. (The original had been torn slightly hence why I opted for one that would definitely protect it rather than expose through holes. (It's just plastic for god sake). I even rang their tech service to make sure this was okay before doing it.

To top it all off I ordered a power supply from them a few months prior to this and that was also dead out of the box. I sent it back but got a working one luckily.

Now I am short £160 and have no motherboard to show for it. Thanks Novatech.

• Asus Z87 Pro Motherboard