Never ever use

Ljcandyfloss's review of Laptops Direct

“Never ever use”

Written on: 07/12/2017 by Ljcandyfloss (1 review written)

Poor service is not the word. Stay away from Laptops direct.
I ordered a laptop that it has taken me a long time to save for and was excited to receive it.
However it arrived damaged not badly but I wanted a shiny new computer I had waited so long for.
I reported it within 1 hour of delivery I was offered £20 to keep it which I declined and said I wanted it replaced. They said another department would contact me for photographic evidence and to arrange collection.
I sent the photo back straight away and i was emailed to say they would be in touch within 24 hours. I heard nothing so emailed and they told me they had left a voice mail on my mobile. there was no voice mail. then I got another email offering me £50 to keep it. I replied no again and was told I would receive a reply in 8 hours.
The next day I got another email saying if I responded before 4pm that day it could be collected the next day. I responded at 2pm yet another email saying they will respond in 8 hours. the next day another email this time with an irrelevant form asking for password and accessories that will be returned. for a computer that was never turned on and put straight back in the box it arrived in.
Now i was angry this had taken a week and still the laptop was not collected.
I phoned to complain got no where asked to speak to a manager, none available.
Was told my laptop would be collect that day and got a DPD collecting email but no collection. I was also told when collected it will take them 3-5 days to receive it back and another 3-5 day to send another one out. I paid for faster delivery of my laptop not o mention the near £600 I paid for it.
I wanted to give then no stars but it won't let you!
I will never buy from them again as long as I live and will advise others to do the same!

• £589