Do you know that the Distance Selling Regulations are Law?

Guest's review of Outdoor Mania - www.outdoormania.co.uk

“Do you know that the Distance Selling Regulations are...”

Written on: 01/08/2012

I actually received my order as promised, but returned it as it didn't suit what I wanted it for. I emailed within seven days and returned within seven days (at my expense) and they emailed to confirm receipt. It was only when I checked my card statement that I realised they'd taken payment on the day of order and then another £2 the day after. The refund consisted only of the original advertised price without postage and without the additional £2. I emailed to highlight the fact that the DSR requires postage out to be refunded and queried why they had taken the additional £2. I was told that the £2 was additional postage requested by me and yes, sorry, the original postage should be refunded. I've just noticed they've refunded postage but not the £2. I can't say I'm impressed and certainly won't use them again. Think twice before you do!

• Goods purchased & cost