Only the threat of a small claims court delivered my goods!

carolelmsmith's review of Chums www.chums.co.uk

“Only the threat of a small claims court delivered my...”

Written on: 31/12/2013 by carolelmsmith (1 review written)

Do not buy from this company! I bought goods through a national advert and used the premium rate order line to buy them. I was pleased with the goods I got, so ordered a second set online. The first set arrived within a few days, good service. The second set did not arrive and after a couple of weeks I emailed. The response was that the goods had been dispatched some days ago ( they were showing online as having been sent out a few days after my order). I left it a week or so again, then emailed again, not wanting to spend the cash on a premium rate call, that if you do not select a purchase takes a long time to get through to the right number. I was informed that the goods have now been sent out, by a different date, and to allow I think 11 working days for them to arrive. I did this, no result. Emailed again, and told that they had been sent but a replacement would be dispatched. Once again waited around 3 weeks, to be told here had been an error, no goods had been sent.

By now it was around 2 months since I had made my order and paid for the goods. So I got mad. I emailed he company and gave them 7 working days to get my goods to me or I would take them to the small claims,court. I reminded them after 3 days and guess what, my goods arrived.

• Goods purchased & cost