I love it, but can we get it fixed?

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

budman's review of AER Alpha 40 Watt Acoustic Combo

“I love it, but can we get it fixed?”

Written on: 31/08/2011 by budman (1 review written)

My wife and I recently purchased the AER Alpha 40 amp from American Musical Supply for our 17-year old daughter to complement her new Maton 808 "Michael Fix" custom. What a pair, that was until day 52 after our purchase, seven days after the American Musical Supply warranty ended. In the middle of a solo performance the little gem heated-up and shut down permanently. Sure AER Warrants it for 2 years, but it will need to be shipped across state lines to a repair center in Maryland. Meanwhile, there are qualified service centers within driving distance of my home in the Charleston, South Carolina area. I wish AER would consider authorizing one of these shops to handle warranty and repair work. Knowing AER's reputation for excellence, I am confident the woes accompanying this amp, can be resolved. It has just been a letdown to have such a costly piece of equipment fail at such an early age, not to mention the inconvenience imposed on the musican depending on it for her perfomances.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard