CountryWide Mortgages - Go Elsewhere

1.7

Sawyer323's review of Countrywide Financial Mortgage

“CountryWide Mortgages - Go Elsewhere”

written by Sawyer323 on 11/12/2023

I was actively contacted by Sherelle at Countrywide and had a conversation with her for an hour over a video call. I want to note that she sought me out, not the other way round.

Sherelle said she would get a mortgage in principle sorted for me so I sent over all of my very sensitive documentation required to which I never heard from her again. Many weeks later, having secured a mortgage elsewhere, Sherelle rang back sniffing to get some business from me, rather than just an upfront apology. She claimed she was out of office, however I never received an out of office email, and she had no problem posting on her professional instagram which she asked me to follow. Her next excuse was that she 'didn't think I was properly looking until the New Year' to which I questioned why she asked for my documents, her response 'to get my mortgage in principle together' which she never did anyway. A plain apology probably would have been more sufficient.

Nothing but a sham to get people to follow her instagram with its 90 followers and I can only say not a great representation of the company as a whole, plenty of great mortgage advisors out there so I wouldn't waste your time.

I have never written a negative review online in my life but I suppose there is a first time for everything.