Scooter? Sportbike? Workhorse?

MartinVdM's review of Honda Silverwing

“Scooter? Sportbike? Workhorse?”

Written on: 29/03/2013 by MartinVdM (1 review written)

Going on my third year with my 2004 'Wing, and I have to say I will never go back to a standard bike. I love the SW for acceleration which beat a 600 sportbike in 0-150kph, handling (which in town is a little sluggish, but out of town it rivals many sport cruisers),long distance comfort, and capacity. I have ridden as much as 480 km with one quick gas stop and it was never a back or butt-breaker. I have ridden all over the upper Midwest U.S.

Rides well with two-up, and even with a full load of camping gear never struggles. Comfortable for all-day Interstate speeds but fun enough to get off the straight and into the curves.

I've ridden 175-1100cc dual-purpose through sportbike, and I am very happy that I decided to go with a Silver Wing. Great ride, decent economy, and nice weather-resistant pocket behind the oversized Givi windscreen. If I have a complaint it's that I didn't get one several years earlier...