iPhone Pricing rip off

181Guthrie's review of Cashforiphones - www.cashforiphones.com

“iPhone Pricing rip off”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by 181Guthrie (1 review written)

I "contracted" with Cashforiphone to sell my iPhone 4. After complying with their instructions and sending my iPhone 4 (unlocked, functioning perfectly and no scratches or blemishes) I was waiting for the phone call that they promised to make to me to negotiate a price. Several emails arrived saying that my phone was being evaluated and they would call me with a price offer (their website offer was $103.00 which was higher than the other website's offer for that model). The call never came and a few days later I got an email saying my check had been mailed. I sent several emails to them asking about the amount of the check but they never answered my question. A week later I got a check for $16.00. I called several times and finally got through to a representative. She said they had just learned that the price of that model had fallen dramatically "just 2 days before we mailed your check". Right. I told her that once they made the statement that they would call me to negotiate the price that promise became a condition of sale and that I was going to report them to the Fair Trade Commission. I said they could simply send my phone back and I would return their check. She said that wasn't possible and I repeated my planned course of action. Then she asked me what I wanted for the phone. I told her I would accept a total of $80, which is what other sites were offering for that model. After a few more minutes of justification/excuses for the very small check, and my promise that I was not kidding, she agreed to send me another check for the difference. That check came a few days later. I think that they were dishonest in their practices and if I had not pressed the issue they would have gotten away with their tactics. SELLER BEWARE!