10 year guarantee is rubbish

• Durability

DeeDee77's review of International Traveller luggage by Landor & Hawa

“10 year guarantee is rubbish ”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by DeeDee77 (1 review written)

Sub O G Worlds lightest case.
The entire inside metal frame collapsed the second time this case was used. I took photographs and contacted the makers Landor & Hawa.
At first their emails were polite and asked for more photos, I unzipped the lining and took more photos of the broken frame.
I also sent a copy of their 10 yr guarantee and the swing ticket off the case showing store where I bought it, JT Hughes, it showed the bar code and the discounted price of £50 They then asked for the original receipt, I didn't keep this and thought the guarantee and store ticket should suffice. They refused to offer any recompense saying they had different policies for different stores and needed the receipt. I fail to see what bearing this had on a faulty case. They were adamant in their refusal, so their 10 yr guarantee is worthless, even with the store ticket.
Don't even think about purchasing, this is not a robust item and you will not be compensated for any failure of merchandise by the manufacturer. In future I will stick to Antler or Samsonite.

• Durability