A Mouthwatering Meal in Sandeman's Historic Port Cellars

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

Ray_London's review of The Don Restaurant and Bistro - www.thedonrestaurant.com

“A Mouthwatering Meal in Sandeman's Historic Port Cellars”

Written on: 22/02/2013 by Ray_London (9 reviews written)

I first visited the Bistro a few years ago in the run-up to Christmas,having walked past it many a time on my way to the Bank. The waitress who greeted me was snooty and made me feel ill at ease, for asking for a table without having reserved at such a busy time. However, somewhat reluctantly, she did manage to squeeze me in, although at this point I had already started to debate whether I should leave.

My initial negative impressions were soon challenged however by the beautifully historic setting, the polite waiters and the quality of the food and drink.

I have returned from time to time and despite my initial negative experience with that one particular member of staff whom I have not encountered again, I have invariably found the international employees both courteous and considerate.

Although not cheap, I love dining here and the exceptional quality of the setting, the food and the drink are all well worth the outlay. I have never left The Don disappointed and trust that you will not too.

• Quality of service