Claim under Space kitchens guarantee

Guest's review of Space Kitchens www.spacekitchens.co.uk

“Claim under Space kitchens guarantee”

Written on: 24/01/2012

I was pressured into having a space kitchen installed 5yrs ago and had very similar experiences that all the other customers wrote about in their reviews. I replaced the built in fridge-freezer and dishwasher 2yrs after installation and now the cupboard fronts are all worn and warped and the kickboards are the same. I paid £8000 for this kitchen and expected it to look good for much longer than 5yrs. I am now trying to make a claim but have been asked to fill out a claim form and forward £90 for a call out charge. This seems a little unfair and what guarantee do i have of getting the work done. Has anyone else experienced the same and can I trust them.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2012

I installed a kitchen from Space Kitchens and although I was initially quite pleased at the design and ordering stage, the service seemed to fall apart after they had my money. The fitter was sub contracted and no accoountability given by the company. He made an awful mess with masonry left behind the kickboards, electrics and plastering was abysmal. The interior shelving of the cupboards is shoddily fitted and falls apart with the slightest provocation. The sink waste was never properly sealed, worktops have since bubbled at the join and the clock onTeka oven zeroed itself after a power cut. Web searches revealed that this is a fault with the product and although easily remedied, I have to pay £40 call out charge to have an engineer reset it since it is now outwith the year warranty. All in all a disappointing purchase of over £8,000 which I look at every day and weep.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2012

Did you ever manage to sort out your kitchen?
We had ours fitted in 2010 and they estimated a 4 day installation which ended up been 7 days. The project manager was ignorant and we never saw him after day 1. The design that they were working from didn't work and as they were pressured for time, they weren't willing to alter. After a few months we had a problem with the dishwasher and Neff said it was fitted too tight, I rang Space Kitchens and they were out within 2 hours and had moved the unit - couldn't believe it what great service.... 18 months on, it hasn't been moved enough. Neff have been out 3 times and now say they dishwasher is flexing when hot as it is tight in the unit and is letting steam out of the top and warping the door. The kitchen tap has been leaking badly for days and so I have rang to ask for a repair over a week ago and was told a form was in the post. No form arrived so I rang again to be told it was Royal Mails fault - which I don't believe and another would be put in the post. They will not come out until the form is returned and the £90 fee paid and will not do business over the phone, so I am left with no alternative but to buy a new tap and get a plumber in, but don't know what to do about the dishwasher door as I feel it is Space Kitchens responsibilty but have no faith in the organisation at all.