Terrible DWP staff behaviour

Guest's review of Job Centre Plus jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

“Terrible DWP staff behaviour”

Written on: 12/09/2017

I've had to sign on more than twice and each time I have been subjected to rudeness, humiliation and unjustly sanctions.
The sanction Centre has become infamous for it's incredibly rude staff. I have seen this first hand. It's absolutely disgusting how they treat people.

One time I was asked to send my CV by email to my advisor. I sent it and my advisor (interrogator) even replied saying she received it. The very next week when I was due to sign on, she asked if I sent the CV, I replied with "yes I did". She said she never received it, even though just a few days ago she replied to it saying she got it.

She called me a liar whilst being one herself.

Another incident that involved me being sanctioned because my interrogator demanded that I both attend a training course and go to another town for an introduction. Also because the sanction centre took more than half my money, I no longer had enough to cover my food expenses. I was asked to work for nothing for a month at Stansted airport, but I explained that I've got nothing to sustain myself while working there. So essentially told me to go without.
I will NOT starve myself.

Also sometimes the interrogators shout out when talking to you. I've been tempted to return the favour a few times, I certainly will next time.

The way the sanction centre (formally jobcentre) behaves is absolutely disgusting.