Light,Comfortable well made

pjryan51's review of Specialized Crossroad

“Light,Comfortable well made”

Written on: 01/01/2014 by pjryan51 (1 review written)

I bought my Specialized Crossroad Comfort in October 2012 and it has been the best bike I have owned. I was mainly looking for a bike for my regular commute on mix of roads and canal paths.

I love the more upright position of this bike and even though it does lack disc brakes it does feel like the money has been spent on the areas that matter. I was particularly looking for a 7 speed bike as I feel bikes with two set of gears are heavier and I never use most of them.

The range of the gears is pretty much perfect, the lowest gear is a massive cog on the back wheel and makes steeper hills much easier and the range of the other 6 ideal for all conditions I have faced.

My only complaint was this bike is now on at couple of online shops for £240.(note this is for the 2013 model). I paid £300 and thought it was a good deal, at £240 it's fantastic.