Avoid at all costs

KennethGrady311's review of Manchester, Britannia Hotel

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 02/04/2018 by KennethGrady311 (1 review written)

Firstly I'd like to start saying we paid £130 for a double room which was expensive to start with for 1 night .

We checked in after queuing for 35 mins which was a joke people were arguing with the front desk I'm not quite what about but they really needed more staff on , we were late meeting friends then because of this .

We got to our room and to say it was dated is an understatement .I stay in hotels all over the country for far less and they are in a far better condition and better looked after . If the room had cost £50 I'd of expected it but not £130 .

We went to make a drink and the kettle handle was smashed it really shouldn't of even been in the room . The shower gel dispenser dident work so couldn't have a proper shower . The tub chair was ripped and damaged and the windows haden been cleaned for years .

Throughout the night people were coming and going and our room started to smell of cannabis . it was more like a hostel so got very little sleep .

We got up and thought we jump in shower ( had to buy shower gel from a shop) and there was no hot water , at this point I was starting to lose the will to live so we went for breakfast. Just when you think things can't get any worse. The food was either undercooked or bone dry I don't know how long the sausages had been under the heat lamp but you wouldent feed them your dog !!! I took a drink of the coffee Spat it back out I have never tasted anything like it, however the juice was nice . So after a juice we went to Starbucks again another £15 on top of £3 for shower gel £25 for parking and £130 for a room , an expensive night with friends .

Then to top it off we checked out and I went to the toilet and I can only guess but it sounded like someone was inappropriate in the cubicle , we just left I cannot express how disappointed we were in this place the only thing it has going for it was the location but that's it .