Rubbish. Cheap purchase price, but maintenance costs high

Guest's review of Ryobi Expand It System

“Rubbish. Cheap purchase price, but maintenance costs high”

Written on: 20/11/2012

Warning, buying the Ryobi Expand It System will probably end in tears. I bought one with the easy start system, hedge trimmer and strimmer attachments two years ago. I only used it a couple of times during the first season but quickly noticed that as I used it starting was becoming more difficult, especially when hot.

First use in the second season was a similar story, which I put down to me not completely drainINg the fuel tank before winter storage, so a quick service and £50 later I had a machine that could be used again. At least that is what I thought. First use was OK, but only a week later the same starting problems started all over again. To add insult to injury the easy start battery doesn't hold its charge anymore, so I have to use the pull cord which I find difficult.

A quick internet search confirmed by suspicions that I'm not the only one with this problem. This product is rubbish!

Duke_Nukem's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2017

I am suprised that you found anyone who would service it. When I was looking for spares for my Ryobi, all the smaller companies said they would have nothing to do with Ryobi, and the ones who did sell Ryobi (like B&Q) did not sell spares or servicing.

The only difference between Ryobi and landfill is the price tag.