taken £646 of my money

adele2's review of DW Sports Fitness www.dwfitnessclubs.com

“taken £646 of my money”

Written on: 04/10/2017 by adele2 (1 review written)

I took out a 12 month corporate membership in April 2015. In Nov 16 I was admitted to hospital as I was very ill and I'd also damaged my back. I could hardly walk. I tried calling the customer services number to suspend my membership -but was on hold too long.
about a week before Xmas 15, I managed to go in and hand in a letter stating I'd continue paying till the end of the 12 months but I wouldn't be renewing
I have a lot of money in -but mostly out my bank account and it was only yesterday a money advise place noticed I'd a monthly payment still running of £34. So over 19 months they've taken £646.
I emailed them -no reply. tried again -no reply. Called yesterday and they said they'd investigate. I asked for an email as I cant take calls -but they didn't. Called again today to be told they called the gym, spoke to one person and she claims I didn't hand in a letter! I don't even think the girl still works there! now they are saying I should've filled in a cancellation form -something I've not read in the contract or terms and conditions and wasn't mentioned either in the branch or on the phone.
I'm a single mum and they've taken £646 - but yet say I still need to pay this months as I've to give a months notice!!!!!! AVOID.

Minka84's Response to adele2's Review

Written on: 13/11/2017

Well the same issue I am coming across. Received phone call today to advise if I do not pay the matter will be taken to debt collectors. It’s seems you not the only one unfortunately.

Adele2's reply to Minka84's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2017

Well when I called the helpline and complained and eventually spoke to someone, see informed me I won’t get a refund and I still have to give them a months notice - so to pay another months subscription