Worst customer service I've ever encountered

McLeod_C's review of Easy Life - www.easylifegroup.com

“Worst customer service I've ever encountered”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by McLeod_C (1 review written)

I ordered a door canopy from EasyLife in August 2015. It arrived within a couple of weeks, but it was missing the necessary fixings. I reported the problem immediately and asked for a fixings pack. When none arrived, I reported it again, and again, and again. Emails sent to EasyLife were completely ignored, but on the phone the helpline staff were always very polite and gave the impression of being helpful - but the missing parts still never arrived. Eventually, in early December, I told them I was fed up waiting, and managed to get a Returns Authorisation Code to enable me to return the item for a refund. EasyLife arranged for a courier to collect the faulty item, but sent them to the wrong address. At the second attempt, it was collected successfully. I was told my payment would be refunded to my credit card account, but my next statement showed no refund. EasyLife at first claimed that they'd not received the returned item, but after some delay confirmed that it had been returned to them. My credit card account was finally credited with the refund in early February 2016, almost six months after I placed the order; in total I had to make at least seven phone calls (+ several emails) before I got this outcome.
As for the canopy itself: the catalogue advertises "aluminium frame and brackets", giving the impression that the brackets are metal. It was for this reason that I tried to order it from EasyLife, rather than any of the many other suppliers that sell very similar canopies with plastic frames. In fact the canopies supplied by EasyLife have frames made from ABS plastic, like the others. So, add misleading advertising to dreadful customer service.