Totally Incompetent

Levi119's review of British Gas

“Totally Incompetent ”

Written on: 25/02/2018 by Levi119 (1 review written)

Recently moved house and needed pay as you go meters put in. Was nothing but hard work to get them to organise that. After they'd actually eventually did it, they put a debt on the gas even after I paid off the final reading which has affected my credit score. Every time I phone them about it, you get a very rude and nigh on abusive attitude on the other end giving you wrong information, making out like you're the one who's made all the mistakes. British Gas have absolutely no clue about customer service whatsoever. That's when they don't put you on hold, then cut you off about 2 minutes later anyway! So you never get a chance to actually discuss it with them.

After this debacle, I go to my local shop, put £20 on my gas card, bring it home, put it in the meter, it comes up £0.00 ON CARD. Again, total stress trying to phone them about it, cut off numerous times, wrong information to sort it, rude member of staff. Told that texts will be sent to my mobile with instructions for the shop on how to process the lost £20. Texts never arrive. More numerous phone calls, numerous trips to the shop with wrong information to get the £20 back. Absolute waste of time, hardly what I need on an evening after coming home from a 10 hour working day! Never come across such incompetence in all my life. Avoid British Gas at all cost!

Will be leaving them and going to another energy supplier soon, can't wait to see how they screw this up!