Totally Incompetent

Levi119's review of British Gas

“Totally Incompetent ”

Written on: 25/02/2018 by Levi119 (1 review written)

Recently moved house and needed pay as you go meters put in. Was nothing but hard work to get them to organise that. After they'd actually eventually did it, they put a debt on the gas even after I paid off the final reading which has affected my credit score. Every time I phone them about it, you get a very rude and nigh on abusive attitude on the other end giving you wrong information, making out like you're the one who's made all the mistakes. British Gas have absolutely no clue about customer service whatsoever. That's when they don't put you on hold, then cut you off about 2 minutes later anyway! So you never get a chance to actually discuss it with them.

After this debacle, I go to my local shop, put £20 on my gas card, bring it home, put it in the meter, it comes up £0.00 ON CARD. Again, total stress trying to phone them about it, cut off numerous times, wrong information to sort it, rude member of staff. Told that texts will be sent to my mobile with instructions for the shop on how to process the lost £20. Texts never arrive. More numerous phone calls, numerous trips to the shop with wrong information to get the £20 back. Absolute waste of time, hardly what I need on an evening after coming home from a 10 hour working day! Never come across such incompetence in all my life. Avoid British Gas at all cost!

Will be leaving them and going to another energy supplier soon, can't wait to see how they screw this up!

Juliadray's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2018

Whoa. Wow! That is pretty impressive...

Dunny45's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2018

I came away from bgas when they took 2 lots of direvt debits out and when i phoned to say what they did and asked for them torepay me they saidvit would 4/5working days to get money back so o told them to come a fit prepayment meters which they tried to talk me out of several timez but i stood my ground and told person on end of the phone i will never go back to direct debit again as i want to be in charge of what money i put on meter so as soon as i got my money that they owed and got meters change i went to EDF nut am now with Utilita much better and good customer service

Annegray's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2018

I had massive problems with British Gas in 2002; I had sent in the reading from the meter when I moved house and requested a monthly direct debit. It took nearly 3 months before they finally did this but I was in debit by an amount which I found difficult to pay [I am a pensioner]. I wrote several times [with no replies received] as I was unable to get through to anyone on the phone. In the end I changed to a company call Atlanta [or Atlantas] and had excellent service from them. The strange thing was that as soon as I changed, they found the time to write!!! In 2012 I moved into my present accommodation and the gas supplier was British Gas with the Electric from Eon - I quickly changed to a dual account with Eon [I had had Eon for my Electric since 2003 and had received excellent service] and I am really very happy with this Company - they may not be the cheapest, but I have certainly had excellent Customer service over the years.