Disappointed with this chipper/shredder

Flowerpot53's review of Titan Pro Garden Chipper and Shredder 13 HP

“Disappointed with this chipper/shredder”

Written on: 07/01/2012 by Flowerpot53 (1 review written)

I bought the Titan Pro Garden Chipper 13hp as I have a very large garden and have been managing with an electric chipper which was too slow. The Titan shredder bungs up constantly at the output and chucks out a lot of unshredded sticks and twigs. I have to keep switching it off and reaching right up inside the output chute to clear out un-cut twigs and large amounts of shreddings that have become blocked up inside The output chute is so near the ground you cant get a decent sized container underneath to collect the shreddings, the bag provided being completely useless as a collecting device. It seized up completely when I tried to shred some clematis bits and my husband had to take it to bits to unbung it. I paid the extra for the electric start, which I have to say was excellent while it worked, but after only a few months the battery is completely dead and the charger will no longer charge it up. Its a good job it's fairly easy to start with the pull-start. The shreddings we have managed to get from the machine are well bashed up and make good mulch, and when it's working it's very fast, if a bit noisy.
This machine should be better than this, but it suffers from too many design faults which have made it a disappointing buy and a waste of money.