experience is frustrating & helpless situation

• Speed of service

suryagprakash's review of Remitly - www.remitly.com

“experience is frustrating and helpless situation”

Written on: 07/01/2016 by suryagprakash (2 reviews written)

This is how my experience with Remitly. I submitted for funds transfer to India and wait for 5 days and after 5 days I get to know that transaction is cancelled stating had issue with my receivers account details (which works very well with XOOM and using it for last one and a half year, even in case of issue they refunded me in 24hours). When I called up the Remitly customer care they put me on hold for hours stating they are waiting for confirmation from their third party service and in the end they will tell you that their third party service is not accepting the transaction. I requested for refund they quoted me 7 to 10 days for giving back my money. Which I requested to make it fast and they suggested me to talk to my bank which is funny because simple logical point is how can my bank refund unless these guys send the funds. They were able to pull funds from my account in one day and it takes 7-10 business days for them to refund and when I ask for the reason they just said that's how their policy is. From this experience one thing I can say is I just gave them money for 2 weeks for no reason and I just feel like cheated by them. I read some worst experiences from others online but I just ignored it but now I realized I should have considered those strongly. After all this tragedy I get to know that couple of my friends also had same experience just that they did not write a review. Now its up to you guys whether you ok to wait for 2-3 weeks in case things does not go well. One thing I realized that 50 cents per dollar is not equal to the peace of mind that I get with other options. When you guys read this review I would suggest think 10 times before you want to go with remitly. If you were my friend I would strongly recommend not to go with Remitly ever because your hard earned money is more important than just wasting for someone who doesn't even care about your situation. Only thing you get from remitly when you run into issues is just word "Sorry" to hear but not your money and for sure the frustration.

• Personal