Cash Card is useless

• Speed of service

McGrath10's review of ICE Plc - www.iceplc.com

“Cash Card is useless”

Written on: 26/12/2016 by McGrath10 (1 review written)

I put £700 on to a sterling cash card for a trip to India. The first 5 times I used it it was blocked. I was sent an email saying the transactions were blocked and asking whether they were valid. So I responded that they were and tried to use the card again. Blocked 5 more times and this time the email says the card is blocked but again asking if the transactions were valid. So I respond that they were and get a reply that the card will be unblocked. That was a week ago and the card is still unusable. The only response to my emails is that it will get done and they'll let me know when they have done it. It looks like the trip will have finished before that happens and I will have to make much more expensive alternative arrangements. Not to mention all the hassle and distress of having the card being continually turned down. Don't give them your money - at a minimum I'm down their £20 loading fee and I still haven't been able to spend a penny of my own money.

• Personal

Type of customer

Ice_Plc's Comment

Written on: 03/01/2017

Thank you for your comments.

I apologise that you have had issues using your card.

So that we can fully investigate this issue please can you contact us directly?

Kind Regards,

Sophie
Customer Service Supervisor.

Ghrity's Comment

Written on: 04/01/2017

I have repeatedly contacted you directly. Approximately 10 times over the 10 days it took you to unblock the card (which I can't check if you have or not as the trip had finished by the time you'd done it). I have also used your complaint page on your website several times and had no reply to those at all. If there is some email address that will get a response please provide it so other people won't waste their time using the 'official' routes.

Ice_Plc's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2017

Thank you for your response.

I would like to pass your complaint directly on to a manager.

If you could email us and make the email for my attention I will ensure it is investigated and you receive a response.

Kind Regards,