Great offer but not worth aggravation,poor customer service

• Speed of service

davidbellis's review of ICE Plc - www.iceplc.com

“Great offer but not worth aggravation,poor customer...”

Written on: 31/03/2018 by davidbellis (1 review written)

Sterling Travellers Cash Card.
The idea is great but this card is only good if you travel to one destination and stay put. I used the 'sterling travellers cash card' as I was travelling around Asia through multiple countries. My card was blocked 5 times some times on a Friday and left with no money till Monday as there is agency staff employed to cover for the people who make the decisions. My first block was on Xmas eve the day I arrived and then the offices were closed till after boxing day and with the time difference I was left waiting all day till I can call UK, then it is very difficult and a long wait to get through.
I had many frustrated discussions and emails but mainly to the people that don't know. One girl was even laughing. mainly empty appologies and lies saying they have done all they can do and hope it doesnt happen again.
The automatic card securely mainly blocked the card when changing countries so it is useless as a travel card, it also blocked some transactions for only £1.50 so seeing as I spent nearly a £1000 during the week seemed pointless. Security was too sensitive or unnecessary, I have never known a bank like it.

• Personal

Type of customer

Ice_Plc's Response to davidbellis's Review

Written on: 04/04/2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise you experienced issues while using your ICE Travellers Cashcard. Although we do have fraud prevention features on the card we would not expect them to work in this way.

Please could we ask that you contact us, and provide us with your details so we can fully investigate this.

Kind Regards,

Sophie
Assistant Manager

Davidbellis's reply to Ice_Plc's Comment

Written on: 06/04/2018

The relevant depatment can contact me directly or by letter. I am not calling your customer service and waiting around for people that have no authority to discuss these issues.

Regards

Davidbellis's reply to Ice_Plc's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2018

This is the reply I got which doesnt sort out the issue that the card is not fit for purpose.

Dear
This is regarding your recent communication surrounding your ICE card.
We understand customer’s frustrations when a card is blocked by the automated security system, however we assure you this system is put in place purely for the protection of customers and the funds on their cards and this level of monitoring is requirement of due diligence and MasterCard.
We do apologise if any inconvenience was caused.