Stirling Ackroyd has let me down too many times

1.9

Guest's review of Stirling Ackroyd

“Stirling Ackroyd has let me down too many times”

written by on 16/08/2011

There is a recurring theme in the other reviews, and unfortunately my experiences are the same:

- they are pushy to get you to let
- once you have, there is stone cold silence (for 2 years) and they seem unwilling/reluctant to help
- very conveniently, when you have handed in your notice, you receive 5 emails in one day, more emails than received over two years of tenancy.
- it is a PAIN trying to get the deposit back
- when it comes to responsibility, they try to pass the buck "no longer my problem"

They seem disorganised, driven by the sale, but not the reputation. They forget that long-term sale requires good customer interaction, and when this is lacking there will be long-term repercussions.

Very very unsatisfied and unfortunately echoing the other reviewers. Avoid Stirling Ackroyd.

• Rent Property

Used to

• bethnal green

Location

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2011

Another Tenant who doesn't actually have a contract with Stirling Ackroyd.

Invariably a 'let only' deal whereby the actual contract post the date of move-in is between the Tenant and the Landlord - Stirling Ackroyd are the 'Agent' acting for the Landlord - as mentioned throughout the Tenancy agreement.

Stirling Ackroyd have an official in house complaints procedure in line with RICS and ARLA recommendations, not one of these people commenting on this review site have made an official complaint through the correct channels.

We take our customer service very seriously but we expect to have an honest dialogue with people who are prepared to print their names and actually have the entirety of the case looked at and then reviewed.

Alexander Jones
Lettings Director

Lillerjo's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2011

Geronimo1 still hasn't complained through the offical channels.

I suspect they have no intention of doing so.

Alexander Jones
Lettings Director
Stirling Ackroyd

Geronimo1's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2011

Response to Alexander Jones

---

Stirling Ackroyd managed the property - any issues or repairs required was supposed to be dealt through Stirling who would then act as the middle-man to sort out the problems. We saw none of this. Initially, within the first month, dialogue was good - after this Stirling stopped responding to us. Not even to tell us to contact the landlord (if as you say we were going through the 'wrong channels'). Is it your policy to blindly ignore emails? Or do you think a better resolution would be to respond to the email nicely informing tenants of the 'correct processes'?

It has not been made clear so far about your complaints procedure - I will ensure that an official complaint will be made through the relevant channels. Thank you for letting me know.

I have tried to contact your Shoreditch office TIME AND TIME again to have this 'honest dialogue' but am constantly ignored by your poor customer service that I have had to come onto a public review site to let everyone else know of your lack of response.

I am glad that at least now you have taken the time to respond - I know of a few names in your Shoreditch office who I can name and shame (and evidence) of not responding at all, leading to several chase up emails (and of course much disappointment and anguish).

Email evidence of Stirling managing the property (from one of your agents):

"As I manage this property, we have a set of management keys - if you are happy for our tradesmen to go in whilst you are at work then I can get these repairs done quickly for you.

Our property management department are available from 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday - there is not a 24hour contact number. If there are any emergencies out of these hours you can contact the Landlord but you should always try to contact me first."