Awful Customer Service & Guidance

TaniyaJ's review of Bairstow Eves - www.bairstoweves.co.uk

“Awful Customer Service and Guidance”

Written on: 25/01/2012 by TaniyaJ (1 review written)

As a first time buyer I was obviously very nervous about buying my first property and in need of guidance. I am aware that agents work with their clients (sellers and landlords) in mind but once my offer for a flat had been accepted I was left high and dry by these agents. I was firstly told my an incredibly rude gentleman named Scott that I would have to use one of their mortgage brokers which I did. As a result I had to continuously chase for updates and push the mortgage advisor to do work as she was not on top of things and every time I rang she was out of office. I also used a solicitor recommended by the mortgage advisor but when it came to exchanging contracts my solicitor did not have all of the paperwork and I was told by Scott I was going to lose the property due to my solicitor who he in turn recommended! Needless to say I was fuming. From day one Bairstoweves made purchasing my property an absolute nightmare and I strongly advise people to steer clear. I now have a beautiful flat but the painful experience of purchasing it was the result of awful agents. The agents also failed to show me how anything works-which has resulted in me spending a fortune on 'small' things that should of been shown to me such as heating, oven etc.

• Buy Property