Not enough food!!

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Lion Inn, Boreham

“Not enough food!!”

Written on: 30/06/2013

Went to The Lion Inn at Boreham today for the first time, celebrating a birthday, I was so disappointed with the food, I had Lamb and there was absolutely no flavour to the dinner whatsoever, my plate came with 5 small slices of lamb, a teaspoon size portion of rosemary stuffing and a few hard roast potatoes. The gravy was like water. Eventually had some vegetables brought out, in my opinion the serving of veg was ideal for 1 maybe 2 people but we had 12 people on our table!! Admittedly there were 2 bowls of veg but considering the cost of the food it was a poor effort. The wait between the starter and the main was ridiculous, I would say at least 45 minutes, we were beginning to feel like going home before the main came!! I did however have a lemon meringue dessert which I have to say was superb!
The Inn is a large place and was very busy so it must be popular but I wonder how many people there today would go back? I wouldn't!!

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all