Very poor customer support

SimpliLearn - www.simplilearn.com
1.5

andywilliams99's review of SimpliLearn - www.simplilearn.com

“Very poor customer support ”

written by andywilliams99 on 28/10/2014

Simplilearn offer a variety of professional training courses delivered via many means: online training, online instructor led training, on site training etc.

Their prices are very competitive and after seeing some good things said about them on Linked In I decided to sign up for their ITIL foundation course.

The first thing I noticed was that there are so many variations of course with many of them including training material only but with no exam or certification. For many courses you may believe you are receiving a certification but what is actually on offer is a course completion certificate which is not recognised by any professional body.

Having said that they DO offer courses with recognised certification and it was one of these that I selected. The price was pretty good for the whole package.

You can buy online courses based upon the time you would like to have access - 30 days, 60 days etc

I found the content to be of high quality. I have a colleague who was sitting an attendance course on the same subject at the same time via another provider and there was little difference between the material. If anything the simplilearn method was a little easier to take in.

Additionally I found I had problems fitting the course into the time I had and on each occasion I needed to contact support to ask them to extend for me they did so with no fuss.

Finally I came to take my exam. The site makes it clear that you can choose the date and time of your exam since it's done online. This has been an incredibly annoying situation as I have tried to book this nearly a dozen times now and each time I am told that someone will confirm my exam within 24 hours. I never receive this confirmation.

Reading online it appears that many people are less than happy with their approach to customer services with failing to meet promised dates and failing to respond being the norm. Sadly it seems that many people have had attendance courses cancelled arbitrarily and then have difficulty in obtaining refunds. While I have thankfully not had that experience I can express my sheer frustration at not being able to get a response from these guys other than an apology and another promise of a call back.

One thing I can concur with though is the excessive spamming. Once they have your details they will bombard you with more mail than you would think reasonable. I've even received another while typing this review.

Their emails are all designed to hook you into another course - big discounts and bundled offers.

All in all the content appears good, but so far I still haven't taken my exam so for me, for the moment at least, it's been a waste of money.