Recently sold my Cluny & now have a Macon.

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

LadyGrantham.'s review of Lacanche Cluny

“Recently sold my Cluny and now have a Macon. ”

Written on: 09/05/2017 by LadyGrantham. (2 reviews written)

I had an ancient black Cluny which was included in our house sale. It had one replacement grill element in about 18 years of ownership and I loved tthat cooker! It had its faults. If you cooked something fatty in the grill, when you next turned the oven on it smoked whilst it burnt off the fat deposits on the oven element. I also found occasionally I'd be holding the gas control switch in for ages before the thermocouple played ball.

I loved it that much I have now bought a Macon in ivory for my new house. I have just reviewed my Macon and given it five stars. It is slightly more refined than my old Cluny, it has an oven light and electric ignition! And the gas burners turn down much lower (not that I had a problem with on my old one though.)

I have just read some of the numerous bad reviews and now I am in quandary. Was I just lucky with my fab old Clumy? Or are the other people unlucky with theirs? Time will tell with my new Macon. Should I be worried about realisability problems?

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

206Sp's Response to LadyGrantham.'s Review

Written on: 18/06/2017

Yes, we have one, pre '89 eastern european build quality I think defines it the Trabant of cookers. The gas oven burns but doesn't cook through, seals shrink and split, hinges bend so the doors don't shut properly ( we use a broom handle to keep the door shut) knobs get really hot as a result, even with the broom. You can only simmer with the very smallest burner the rest burn, the electric over is good though and the grill has yet to burn out but we always keep the door open when using it. It's rubbish really when you consider the cost of it inthe first place. But it does look good.