Selling product not fit for purpose

Keiko8803's review of Anglian Windows - www.anglianhome.co.uk

“Selling product not fit for purpose”

Written on: 19/11/2017 by Keiko8803 (1 review written)

Although I have a few unsatisfied points regarding Anglian, I am very unhappy with one particular product. The composite door. I am sure we have been sold a dodgy door. It cost us £1000 for this door and was sold on the fact that it was going to last us years and no need to re-paint... (This was on top of our order for the entire 4 bed house re-fitting of the windows, patio doors, back doors so Anglian got a very good sale out of us)
When we first had our door fitted, the paint started to peel within the few months of the installation. After contacting them, we were told that the paint batch for that particular colour was not good hence they will replace the door which they did. We were worried the same colour for replacement will end up chipping or peeling but we were re-assured that this will not happen. However, this was not the case. It started chipping all over the door within a few months. Speckles of chipped paint... We contacted Anglian and they came out. This time with a service man who carried a paint pot. We refused for the door to be touched up with a paint from the paint pot! We were told that they will not replace the door. So many speckles of chips and some at the bottom of the door has huge chunks of paint peel that you can see the core of the door exposed. Photographs and emails and phone calls have been ignored. The sales rep has now said the 2 year guaranty is not longer available. We have been complaining about the state of the £1000 door since few months after it was installed.
We have accepted other order/design mistakes they have made without demanding them to replace it. We are very reasonable and understanding customers but this is just not on. I decided to leave a review on several review sites as I don't know what else to do now. Please replace the door with the quality of what we paid for. I am not happy.

Anglianhelp's Response to Keiko8803's Review

Written on: 21/11/2017

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear you're unhappy with your door. Please email pictures of the door and your full address to our customer service team and we will certainly investigate this further.

Sincere apologies,

Ellis (Customer Care Dept)

Keiko8803's reply to Anglianhelp's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2017

Hello Ellis,

Thank you for the reply on this.
Pictures were sent few months after the door was fitted. It was sent again after that. Recently, when one of the window started to cloud over and Anglian came to replace the glass on this (A couple of weeks ago) I asked him what was happening with the door. He told me he did not know anything about the door but will report it for us and took some more photos. Why is this being avoided? It is quite clear the door has defective paint.
Do you need more pictures? Please let me know.

Thanks
Keiko

Anglianhelp's reply to Keiko8803's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2017

Hi,

I'm sorry that you feel this is being avoided, please email the further pictures to our Customer Services Team and we can chase this with the Regional Office.

Sincere apologies once again,

Tanya (Customer Care Dept)

Keiko8803's reply to Anglianhelp's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2017

Please follow up as I have emailed the further pictures to your customer service team. 29/11/17
Thank you.

Anglianhelp's Response to Keiko8803's Review

Written on: 21/11/2017

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear you're unhappy with your door. Please email pictures and your full address to our customer service team and we will certainly investigate this further.

Sincere apologies,

Ellis (Customer Care Dept)