Yes - The BT Vision Box is that bad!

stevejs1's review of BT Vision V Box

“Yes - The BT Vision Box is that bad!”

Written on: 23/05/2013 by stevejs1 (1 review written)

I received my Vision+ Box yesterday and immediately plugged it in - setup was easy and I was quite pleased until I started using it.

The menu system and EPG is so awful - all the bad things mentioned in these reviews are true - the interface must have been designed pre-Apple who showed the rest of the market that technology could be good to use. I have had Sky+ and Youview before and these are both streets ahead on usability.

Next, the Video quality is bad - my TV looks excellent on its built in Freeview - brilliant on hd and great on sd - change to the Vision box and everything is slightly fuzzy, with shimmering around any fast movement. Maybe if I hadn't experience the TV's own Freeview first I would accept these quality problems - but there is no way I am going to use now it as it stands.

Adjusting the TV video color and sharpness settings for the hdmi input has improved the picture a little but it's still nowhere as good as the built in tuner - and why no Freeview HD channels.

After a 1 hour 15 minute phone call to BT they have agreed to swap it for a YouView box - I know the user interface on this is far-far better and I am just hoping the quality of video will also be good.

• Less than a Week