Gone to the dogs!!

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Dog Inn, Pentrich

“Gone to the dogs!!”

Written on: 14/05/2012

My freind and I here on Sunday 13th May and really wish I hadn't bothered. I've even her several times before and was always impressed with the lovely food and service...well that's a thing of the past!

The service was terrible. The head waitress/manager was very rude, barking at us to sit in the bar and order at the bar as we hadn't booked a table. Then she nearly bit our head off for having the cheek to ask for vinager!! I've never been made to feel quite so unwelcome...manners really do go a long way!

We both had gourmet burgers. Mine was missing parma ham, and my friends was missing stilton cheese! The burgers themselves tasted like something you get off a cheap burger van...nothing gourmet about them at all. The only half decent thing on the plate were the home made chips...but they didn't warrant the ££11 price tag.

My advice stay away...this restaurant is obviously still surving on its previous reputation. Just wonder went wrong?

• British

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Several times a month

How often do you eat here?

• Casual