Didn't even get beyond the carpark

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Anchor Inn, Oakerthorpe

“Didn't even get beyond the carpark ”

Written on: 07/10/2017

Being local and passing on a few occasions, we decided to finally visit this pub on a Saturday afternoon. My friend (visiting from the coast) and I parked up in the carpark of The Anchor Inn with the intention of having a walk around the nearby woodland for twenty minutes, after which time we had arranged to meet our respective partners, for a drink and possibly some lunch in the Inn; as they were travelling down on their motorbikes following a ride out. Unfortunately this was a short lived plan, as a very rude woman rushed out into the carpark and shouted across to us 'THIS IS A PRIVATE CARPARK, YOU NEED TO MOVE YOUR VEHICLE'.
Due to her manner and tone, we didn't argue and went to the pub up the road instead and had a lovely meal with no drama... Totally unnecessary, I can only think there must be issues with parking, which I can't understand since the carpark is around half an acre in size and always empty!! Though if the woman's attitude was anything to go by, there's little wonder passing customers don't bother!! How embarrassing after I was telling my friend visiting how wonderful Derbyshire was and how friendly the locals are!!

• Quality of service