Hopeless after- delivery service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

seefive's review of John Lewis

“Hopeless after- delivery service”

Written on: 20/05/2014 by seefive (1 review written)

Ordered a cooker from High Wycombe branch Deliverd promptly, and no problems with it. Unfortunately they forgot to take away the old one, which I had disconnected and placed outside , on the drive, for easy collection.

A little annoying, but I thought I'd just give them a call and they could reroute the van to come and correct their error. That's when it all went horribly wrong. A total of 5 phone calls were not returned, I was given various excuses - "need to verify we haven't collected for audit purposes", "depot admin don't work weekends", "can't contact delivery team in the van" etc. Evenutually discovered they had rescheduled the collection, and I would have to wait another 4 days, making it nearly a week after the delivery, at which point I hit the roof

Fortunately, a scrap dealer knocked at the door and asked if he could take it away, so problem solved and disposal charge refunded by JL.

This is a clear example of John Lewis' comtempt for customers, and total lack of service and customer care. At this rate my 2 year guarentee will be worthless- JL will be gone!

• High Wycombe