highly impressed with customer service & support

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of John Lewis

“highly impressed with customer service and support”

Written on: 19/05/2014

I have found the customer service at both Newcastle, and the newly opened York stores to be highly impressive. Unfortunately I had purchased a faulty laptop and had to return to the store. Because I had to travel from York to Newcastle they reimbursed my train tickets, swapped my laptop for a new one and provided me with tips for any future problems. They also offer laptop rentals to students while your laptop is being fixed. Calling the helplline before I went to the store was extremely useful as they record everything, and provide you with a reference number so you do not have to repeat yourself when you get to the store! A few months later I had similar problems with my new laptop (maybe a fault with the manufacturing of the laptop) so went to the York store as it had opened, and within an hour I had a full refund, fantastic assistance and helpful one-to-one support and advice on which laptop would be most reliable and efficient for my needs. It was brilliant to walk in and within an hour walk out with a new working and fully trusted (different make) laptop as I am in the middle of studying for a masters. Although I had two faulty laptops I would rate their customer service FANTASTIC and recommend it to anyone buying electricals.

• york