not a user friendly store

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

475McMahan's review of Homebase - www.homebase.co.uk

“not a user friendly store”

Written on: 12/09/2017 by 475McMahan (1 review written)

Poorly stocked. Couldn't find what I needed on line, but they did have the shelving struts, supports in store. I was pleased to find what I needed and a staff member did kindly write down the sizes and costs so I could check measurements and quantity needed. However several other items I looked were clearly not priced correctly e.g. floating shelves priced at £2 something each,storage containers, baskets etc. the one of the linen basket priced at £1.80 something etc.etc. when I got things I did want to get at the till, I was told that the prices for all three items was not £4.34 but over £20.00.

I expressed my horror and they called for another staff member and I had to go back nearly the full length of the store to show where I had got them from, and the staff member did recognise there was a problem and removed the labels on show which were the wrong price, ans rang the staff on the till to say there was clearly a problem here and they did agree that i would have the items for the reduced wrong price. What a bargain, I don't think. A seat by the till where staff sorted out the problem would be appreciated, for those of us who are less able than others.

As there is no longer a Homebase in Ashford now I had driven to Canterbury Wincheap store to get a few things needed as I am disabled with poor mobility it was a shame that I could not find what I needed on line, not aided by the site not being available on Sunday for most of the day c'os of upgrading, and when I could not find any thing similar to what I needed to order on line, 1 had to make the trip from Ashford, round trip of I half hours, got to the store, none of the aisles were labelled overhead as to where things were. I consequently I had already got worn out with walking around the store, trying to find things, so too walk the length of the store again to point out the pricing problems completely finished me off to the point where I was not able to finish looking for other stuff or get what I went out for.
The whole shop was muddled, out of date and not easy to shop in at all. I did say I would have to come back another day to get all i had wanted. There is no reason why prices on show are priced wrongly on the shelves especially when each item has no price labels on the item itself, so had no guage to know what price things were. In today's world this in a self service store is unacceptable. a horrific experience, one i will not be repeating. I FEEL SORRY FOR STAFF TRYING TO COPE WITH THE AFTERMATH OF THIS VERY POOR PRACTICE.

• CANTERBURY WINCHEAP