Snacks, or burned sticks?

JohnSansker's review of Jacob's Twiglets

“Snacks, or burned sticks?”

Written on: 05/05/2013 by JohnSansker (1 review written)

Hailing from The Netherlands, I was only familiar with Twiglets from UK comedies (Mr. Bean, Bottom). I was pleasantly surprised when I found several bags in the UK-food isle of a Belgian Carrefour supermarket, and I bought one bag to find out what the Brits are raving about. A few days later, I opened the bag with anticipation...

When I bit into one, I was surprised by the taste of burned croutons with added flavour. The after-taste isn't bad, but the burned taste is terrible! My first thought was that I've gotten a bad bag with burned Twiglets instead of normal ones. Googling somewhat, I found out that these "snacks" are supposed to taste like this.

I know the UK isn't known for it's fine food, and these "beloved" snacks are proof confirm that. Terrible. I give them 2 stars, basically because the aftertaste isn't too bad. Still, I'll stick to snacks from other countries than the UK.