All goes well then they hike interest rate up for individual

• Customer service

unicawn's review of Marbles Credit Card

“All goes well then they hike interest rate up for...”

Written on: 06/10/2017 by unicawn (1 review written)

I received a notice from marble this morning that they're increasing the interest rates on my card by 6% Apr because they assess accounts and make decisions about interest rates willy nilly. My option is to pay off the outstanding balance or choke on the extra charges.
I'm paid up to date and have kept the account in good working order and I'm disgusted that they can hike up charges so easily.
I really don't recommend Marble to anyone now.
Of course, the card was easy to get and fairly low interest rates, they even hiked up my credit limit just before my holiday. Then out of the blue my account has been deemed fit for an interest rate hike.
It's gone from 33.83% Apr for purchases to 39.94% Apr.
They're excuse, they review accounts and apply the most appropriate rates according to personal circumstances?
Ultimately it seems they draw you in with low interest rates and then, once you've spent something on it, they hike up the rates.
I'm disgusted and hope this will help warn other potential users off.

• 1 year and over

Used card for

Loyalty scheme

• Customer service

Andyhomercollins's Response to unicawn's Review

Written on: 17/11/2017

I too have been sent a letter hiking up the interest. I have a large credit limit and I’ve always paid in full every month.

Nevertheless, having an interest hike when I’ve been a good customer seems a slap in the face. So with regret I will be cancelling my marbles account.