MyTechHelp www.mytechhelp.com Review

borncynic's review of MyTechHelp www.mytechhelp.com

“my apple was crashing and i googled geeksquad tech...”

Written on: 25/02/2013 by borncynic (1 review written)

my apple was crashing and i googled geeksquad tech support. The tech answered the phone "Hello, this is [name removed]. How may I help you." he said that he ran a diagnostic on my computer and i had a virus. he said that he could fix it for $249. I told him that i already had a geek squad contract. he said that since my problem was hardware, it was not covered under my contract. I argued with him and during the course of the conversation, i mentioned Geek Squad and Best Buy several times. He kept repeating that it was a bad virus and asking for my credit card number. I finally gave it to him in desperation, but when he began to tell me how to set up so that he could access my computer remotely, i realized that he could not have known previously that i had a virus. i told him that i did not want his services because obviously he had lied to me. i repeated that i wanted my charges cancelled. he said i would have to call back the next day. I did and spent a total of 3 hours on hold on three different calls before a real person took my call. That person argued that i had called them and told me to call a different number. i did and that person argued with me also. i said that Chad had misrepresented himself and lied to me. Finally, they refunded me $195. They said the difference was for the diagnostic scan that they could not possibly have run. I gave up and felt lucky to get the $195.

My computer is fixed now by the real Geek Squad through Best Buy. I did not have a virus. I obviously made some bad choices in my panic over the crash. I hurried to find a phone number that wasn't correct and I let myself be bullied into giving up credit card info. Today, i tried to retrace my steps to finding the wrong number. I couldn't find it again. Throughout this mess I talked to 4 different phone numbers that were answered by seemingly 2 different companies - "Geekzilla", "Techzilla". I finally used a reverse directory to find the real name from the phone numbers and it is "Mytechhelp". my advice - stay away.