Comfortable, Trouble Free, Wireless Keyboard

• Quality

lancsJP1988's review of Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard

“Comfortable, Trouble Free, Wireless Keyboard”

Written on: 15/08/2012 by lancsJP1988 (0 reviews written)

I got this keyboard as a replacement at work & although a bit sceptical at first, this keyboard has won me over.

I use an Apple keyboard at home (fullsize & a Bluetooth version) & have always found them to be the most comfortable & well made keyboards around. The Logitech has been a pleasant surprise with its well spaced keys & easy action.

The solar powered element I think it pretty revolutionary, soaking up the office lights to maintain the keyboard whilst only having a 'button' battery - NOTE: Uses a ML2032 rechargeable battery & must not be replaced with the similarly sized CR2032 as stated on Logitech's website & the manual. The ML2032 batteries are around £5 from eBay.

I do worry about how hardy the unit is, I look after all my computer equipment at home & work, but the thin legs & thin design don't look like they'll withstand heavy abuse e.g dropping a large stapler on it.

My only gripe is, the same as most wireless keyboards & mice, having a proprietary USB dongle taking up a port on my laptop & with the Microsoft mouse I already have I'm no better off with these than wired devices.

The keyboard retails for £60+ & as an investment I think its good value. If the battery lasts for a good couple of years & the keyboard can handle an office environment then I think its a winner - they even do one in Mac Aluminium style.

• Quality