took out recovery cover with my insurance

KristinaSchofield's review of Sainsburys Car Insurance

“took out recovery cover with my insurance”

Written on: 03/01/2018 by KristinaSchofield (1 review written)

Been with Sainsbury Insurance for 3 years and have always had the recovery cover offered by them. It is Green Flag but they are covered via Sainsbury. Never had to use any of it until today. Car broke down on way home from work, rang Sainsbury, told there was a 10 minute wait to speak to an operator and they would call back. Waited 20 minutes and tried again to be told I was still in the queue. Finally rang me back, girl was very polite and helpful but informed me I was only covered for 10 miles and one stop. Bare in mind I have business cover as I travel a lot with work and company well aware of this. Luckily garage I wanted to go to was 5 miles away and the Green Flag man was excellent but wasn't able to take me home after I dropped car outside garage. She also informed me should the car break down for same reason within 28 days I wouldn't be covered. None of this was explained when I took cover out and feel really annoyed. reading reviews on here don't think I will be staying with them.
The Green Flag man was very nice and told me they charge £3 a mile over 10 miles. So if you break down in the middle of nowhere after 10 miles you are on a meter.

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive