con merchants

cazza3001's review of Halifax Car Insurance

“con merchants”

Written on: 02/05/2012 by cazza3001 (2 reviews written)

I insured with Halifax for a xmas present for my son. It took me over 2 months and constant phone calls to receive any documentation! I then decided to pay off the premium in full as the interest on the direct debit method was an expensive way to pay. I gave them my card details, yet they took it upon themselves to take it from my bank account leaving me with a bank charge. I telephoned again and was told to send in evidence of this! I wrote to the customer service centre and 4 weeks later...nothing. I then rang them and was told it would be dealt with and i did receive it within 5 days. My sons car broke down beyond repair so cancelled the insurance. I was charged £650 plus an admin fee for cancellation totalling £685 plus over 500 in premiums. Not bad for less than 4 months cover!! I am due a refund of £872 and am still waiting despite 2 phone calls... They have made a fortune out of me and are still holding on to the money they owe me!! My advice is AVOID!! No customer service skills and total con artists!!

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Third Party