Cheap but beware changing mid-term

KevinReading's review of Co-Op Car Insurance

“Cheap but beware changing mid-term”

Written on: 26/04/2012 by KevinReading (1 review written)

I took out car insurance with co-op eco insurance as it was cheap, provided the cover I wanted and was a recognised name.

Problem 1. Part way through my policy I changed jobs and needed to add business cover to my policy because I had more than one fixed place of work. They don't cover for business use so I was stuffed.

Problem 2. I sold my bog standard Astra and bought a new bog standard Peugeot 207 with 3 months remaining on the policy. Unbelieveably they wouldn't cover the new car on my existing policy so I was forced to cancel. Because it was part way through the year they changed my payment plan from annual to daily meaning that to cancel, along with their admin fee, I had to pay £90, effectively meaning that I still paid the full annual fee, only they took the money sooner as they took the £90 in one go rather than the 2 monthly £45 payments I still had to pay had I not cancelled.

They are complete amateurs in the insurance market. You have been warned.

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Male Driver

Driver Type

• Admiral who put the price up massively at renewal time.

Previous Insurance Company